I FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE YOU WANT!
RICHARD A. F. LIPOWICZ
Dick started his legal career in 1980 with the Dayton, Ohio firm of Smith & Schnacke, now known as Thompson Hine, LLP. He continued his legal career with the venerable Dayton firm of Altick & Corwin where he practiced as a business and municipal law attorney. In 1988, Dick joined the Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office and handled numerous economic and “white collar” criminal cases and Juvenile Court matters.
Since 1997, Dick has been a principal in the Dayton law firms of Ruffolo, Stone, Dressel & Lipowicz and, for the last 7 years, with the firm of Douple, Beyoglides, Claypool, Kovich, Lipowicz & LaMusga.
As a trial attorney, Dick has represented numerous individuals in criminal and civil cases in courts throughout Southwest and Central Ohio. He argued the case of In re: M.M. (2009), 122 Ohio St. 3d 541 before the Ohio Supreme Court.
Dick is a member of the Dayton, Greene County, and Ohio Bar Associations, and the Certified Grievance Committee of the Dayton Bar Association. He has been certified as a Guardian Ad Litem by the Montgomery County Juvenile Court, and has taken the Death Penalty Certification Seminar through the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Graduated with (Cum Laude) honors from Union College in Schenectady, NY in 1977
- Juris Doctorate degree from Western New England School of Law in Springfield, MA, 1980
Awards & Associations
- He has received a rating of “BV Distinguished” from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Federal District Court for Southern District of Ohio since 1980
- Member of Dayton and Ohio State Bar Associations since 1980
- Member Greene County Bar Association since 1997
- President of the Board of Directors of the Dayton Country Club
- Former member of the Board of Trustees of the Dayton Museum of Natural History